Friday, May 27, 2016

TTM Success - Wayne Terwilliger

I got some more cards signed that had been picked up from the Columbia antique shop.  I got this awesome 1952 Topps, and the signature turned out great.  All of the 1952s that I got have all turned out really well.  I'm glad, since I paid a premium to pick them up!
 This 1955 also turned out nicely.  The real signature is the one across his shoulder.
He also included this signed post card from when he was a coach with the Twins.  This was a nice addition from Mr. Terwilliger.

Wayne Terwilliger (b. 1925) played in the majors from 1949 to 1951, 1953 to 1956 and 1959-60 for the Cubs, Dodgers, Senators, Giants and A's.  He had 501 hits, 22 home runs and a .240 batting average.  He played so long ago, four of the five teams he played for are in new cities!  I thought that was interesting.

I mailed to Terwilliger on April 23 and got the cards back on May 3, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: