Thursday, May 5, 2016

A Nice Care Package From Patrick

I lent a hand to my good friend, Patrick recently when I saw a 2016 Twins printing plate at a good price on Ebay.  I let him know about it and learned that he didn't have any printing plates in his collection.  I picked it up for him, but being the great guy that Patrick is, he wouldn't let me buy it for him outright.  He insisted on paying me back, it just would take him some time.  So, a couple weeks ago, I got a nice package in the mail from him that had the money for the plate, and also a few Orioles cards that he was able to find.

He apologized for only including a few Orioles cards, but the note he wrote was the real prize in the deal.  The letters that people write are my favorite part of any trade, care package, etc.  Patrick took the time to thank me for being there for him and being someone he could talk to.  That, to me, is worth far more than some baseball cards.  I really enjoy helping people out, and I hope to be able to do it as long as time will allow.

Patrick, I sincerely am happy that we met, and I definitely appreciate the package.  I'll be sure to find some more awesome Twins cards to help boost your collection.

No comments: