Saturday, January 30, 2016

Instagram Trade With Angelo - Dual-Sided Cut Auto

I completed a trade with a guy named Angelo on Instagram recently when I sent him a Yoenis Cespedes Topps Hi Tek auto and a Dave Winfield triple relic for this Famous Fabrics Ink Big Apple Baseball dual cut auto of Hall of Famer Monte Irvin and Max Lanier.

Angelo offered me the card just after Irvin passed away and I figured it was a pretty cool piece to add to the collection.  It is a brand I have never heard of before, and serial numbered 325/2,000.
Another thing about this card that appealed to me was the Lanier auto.  I know next to nothing about him, so we will all learn together via baseball-reference:

Lanier was born in Denton, NC in 1915 and died in 2007 at the age of 91.  He played in the majors (a pitcher) from 1938 to 1946 and 1949 to 1953 for the Cardinals, Giants and Browns.  He had a career record of 108-82 with a 3.01 ERA and 821 strikeouts.

Lanier won the World Series with the Cardinals in 1942 and 1944 and made the All Star team in 1943 and 1944.

It seems to me that Lanier was a pretty good pitcher in his day.  I'm glad to have been able to add his auto to my collection.  Thanks for the trade, Angelo!

No comments: