Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Christmas Gift From Jacob

I'm still working away at getting my "to be blogged" stack down, and it looks like I will be writing about Christmas gifts from the community well into February.  By no means, however, am I complaining.  The community has been very good to me over the years.  I've met a bunch of people and made quite a few friends.

One of those friends is a guy named Jacob who also hails from NC.  We have traded on Instagram and met in person at a few of the Raleigh card shows.

For Christmas, Jacob sent me this cool Cal Ripken metal card that I didn't have in my collection.  I haven't actually seen any of these before, so this was a nice surprise.  It says it was made in 1996 by Metallic Impressions.  I thought I had seen all of the Cal cards that there are to see, and Jacob pulls this out of his hat.  Well done!

Thank you for the gift, Jacob, I love the card.

No comments: