Saturday, December 20, 2014

First Christmas Present to Arrive is From...

...my buddy, Matt S. from Instagram!  When I got home from Vegas, I had two bubble mailers from Matt waiting on me on my desk.  Inside them was his present to me, split into the two packages. Matt really went above and beyond on his gift to me, and I really wish I was better able to reciprocate to him, but I had so many folks to buy for this year, my gift to him paled in comparison.  Sorry buddy, I know I'll make it up to you as the year goes on.

Anyway, on to what was included in the gift.  First off is this awesome 1994 Nabisco Frank Robinson on card auto.  I love these Nabisco cards.  I'm pretty sure Brooks is also in this set, so I will be looking to pick one of the up sometime in the future.  This is my first autoed card of Frank, however, and I have to say, it is awesome!  Also, look at those stirrups!
The card came with a COA from Nabisco, so that's cool.  I don't know if you can find an authenticator more legit than the MLB Players Alumni Association, so you know this card is the real deal!
Matt is a "grapher" from Texas, so I'm sure he got this Chris Davis as an IP auto.  Its freakishly sharp.  I'd say it was a 10.  The card pops, and the auto fits right in.  Matt really hit a home run with me on this one.  I love it!
Matt included a bunch of other cards, so I chose a couple to show.  I didn't yet have this Adam Jones from Finest.  This reminds me of the initial offering of Finest, back when they had that plastic film you had to remove from the card.  I still have a few where I never removed the film.
Finally, when I saw this card, my first thought was "Oh this would scan really nice" and I was right.  It pops.  Palmer looks almost 3D.  Maybe its just me, though.

Anyway, thanks so much for the gift(s), Matt!

No comments: