Thursday, September 4, 2014

A Surprise Package From Matthew

Recently, I got a nice package from young Matthew, a friend of mine who I have been helping along in the hobby.  He has a blog that he has just now started back up, Matthew's Card Collection, he's working on adding more content, but I believe he is 11, and has school and sports taking up his time as well.

I consider Matthew a friend, but he is also a really good friend to my son, Chris.  Matthew sends Chris random cards as surprises fairly frequently and they talk on Skype together every now and then.  If I have made Matthew feel welcome in the card community, he has returned the favor with Chris.  Chris has a couple cards set aside for Matthew that I will send him shortly, once I finalize my next package for him.

So, if you haven't checked out Matthew's blog, please do.  We need more and more young folks getting involved in the hobby so that the future of the hobby is secure, which I think it is.

Thanks for the cards, Matthew!

No comments: