Saturday, August 30, 2014

COMC Pickup - 2013 Bowman Sterling Chance Sisco Auto

Here is another of the cards that I picked up off of COMC recently.  I got this 2013 Bowman Sterling green parallel auto of Chance Sisco for $6.75 worth of store credit.  Not too bad, since I saw Sterling base autos of Sisco going for $5.00 at the last card show I went to.  I remembered lamenting the fact that I passed on grabbing one of them, but luckily, I got this one,  This card looks so much better than the base ones anyway.

Sisco is having some kind of season this year.  Tonight, he went 3 for 4 with a homer for Delmarva.  On the season, he is batting .338 with 143 hits (113 games) and 5 home runs.  Wow.  That is really good.  I would love it if the Orioles had a few high average hitters on the team.  You know, guys you could count on to hit .320 or .330 perennially.  I guess, in these days, that is really hard to come by.  Well, Sisco is doing well in the lower levels of the minors.  He should be headed to Frederick, next season.  Let's hope he can sustain this success, but I have to keep reminding myself that he is only 19.

No comments: