Thursday, January 16, 2014

Brooks Robinson Finds From The Card Show

Man, I am milking this December card show haul.  Of course, I did leave there with a ton of stuff.  Today's discussion is about the 1969 Topps Deckle Edge Brooks that I picked up for a little over a dollar.  It scanned a bit crooked, sorry.  It must have slid when I put the cardboard behind it to set it off from the white background of the scanner.  I love the Deckle Edge cards.  I feel like I already have one of these, but that's ok.  More of these cards wont hurt.  THey look like you could have plucked them out of someone's dusty old photo album.
I also got this 1964 Topps Coins Brooks Robinson for a couple bucks, from the same guy I got my Jimmie Foxx pin, actually.  I honestly don't remember how much I paid for it, but I feel like it wasn't much.  It looks really cool and reminds me of the Topps Coins that I had in the late 80s.  Seems like only yesterday, but was actually quite a while ago.

Brooks is always a fun subject in my PC.  I'm so glad I got to meet him in 2009.  He's a great guy and I can never have too many of his cards.  I actually got a few more in today, but I'll save those for a later post.

No comments: