Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mail From Nick

I got another package yesterday from Nick (he writes the blog Dime Boxes -- The Low End Baseball Collector's Journey).  He and I have hit it off pretty well and are now sending random cards back and forth.  This package contained a few Hall of Famers that I admire, as well as some Orioles cards.
I really enjoy getting new Bob Feller cards.  Feller was and always will be the greatest pitcher of all time, in my mind.  A true phenom when he broke into the majors and a true American Hero off the field.
Another of the greatest players of all time, in my opinion is Stan Musial.  I really like the Donruss Threads cards and this Musial is really sharp.
I remember 1995 Score very vividly.  I was surprised that I didn't already own this Mike Mussina Hall of Gold insert.  Moose is arguably the second best Orioles pitcher behind Jim Palmer.  I'm sure he will get into the Hall of Fame sometime, but I'm not sure if he will wear an Orioles hat or Yankees.  Here's hoping he goes in as an Oriole.
Finally, Nick sent me a Gold parallel and Black parallel Luke Scott.  I was hoping the Orioles would hold onto Scott after his shoulder surgery, but for the amount of money he would be making, that would have been a big risk.  Oh well.  Maybe they can get more production out of Nolan Reimold this year and losing Scott won't be too bad.

Thanks for the package Nick!  I'm sure we will be passing more cards back and forth.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Glad you liked them!

I've got another card show coming up in a few weeks, so I'll be on the lookout for more stuff to send your way.

Kevin McCann said...

I like the Musial card!