Monday, April 5, 2010

Opening Day - and Opened Some Mail

Today should be a national holiday. Opening Day for baseball. Wooo. All teams (except for the Yankees hahahahaha) are starting out in first place. Optimism is high. I am so excited about this season. The Orioles are going to surprise a lot of people. I'm looking for Brian Matusz to dominate and become the Orioles' first Rookie of The Year since Gregg Olson was in 1989.

I also opened some mail Saturday and today. Here is a little bit from the two packages I received:

First off, I got a package from B. A. Benny in exchange for some Mets cards... I've been wanting this Montanez Red Hot Rookie for some time. I'm glad I finally have it. I REALLY want the Reimold next. If anyone has it, send me an email. I will definitely be up for trading for it!!! I love this shot of Lou. I sure hope he caught the ball.

Ooohhhh, a STICK relic. You can never go wrong with sending me Nick Markakis stuff. He is AWESOME! I'm sure I didn't have this one. If I did, thats ok too.

Hey, look, a Cal I didn't have! It is getting so hard to figure out which Cal's I have and which I don't. This is a 1986 Fleer mini. I'm not sure if I have the regular sized one either. For some reason, I don't think I have it...
I bought a few cards recently too and here are a few that I got...
A 1966 Topps Al Kaline. This Kaline was purchased for *ahem* a friend of mine ;). I think he will enjoy it...

A 2010 Topps Opening Day Brian Roberts. I don't anticipate buying any packs of OD, so I went ahead and bought a couple of the cards I knew I'd want.
Got another Nick The Stick as well. I've never been a huge fan of Topps OD. It just seems like an ancillary set (one we can do without).
Has everyone (other than Yankee fans) enjoyed Opening Day of the 2010 MLB season? It's too bad that the Os don't open until tomorrow... Soon enough, I suppose.

4 comments:

Drew said...

Cool stuff, the Red Hot Rookies are really nice looking from 2008. 2009...eh... decent

BA Benny said...

Glad you liked them. Keep me in mind for Mets stuff in the future and I will set aside some more O's for you.

Field of Cards said...

I'm psyched about the Orioles too!

I might buy the MLB Extra Innings package just to see them on TV often this year.

It's free today through the 11th so I'll get to see if all the Orioles' games are shown.

TheBrooklynMet said...

The O's should be good, I'll be rooting for them in that division!