Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 13, 2010 Kinston Indians vs Wilmington Blue Rocks

I have thought long and hard about the Orioles over the past few days and I have decided that, no matter what, I will continue to support them. It is ridiculous on my part to say that I wouldn't after all this time. I apologize to everyone who has had to listen to me complain the last 2 weeks...

Now onto your regularly scheduled blog....

We decided that if I got home in time from being out in the field (in South Mills, NC) my wife, son and I would catch a Kinston Indians game on Tuesday, April, 13 2010 due to it being $2 Tuesdays. $2 gets you in the game, any seat in the house, and $2 for hamburgers. Can't beat that. My buddy Jim also said he was in the area and was going to catch the game. I figured, why not?

It turns out, the Blue Rocks are a KC Royals farm team, and Alex Gordon was rehabbing there. We were able to meet Gordon and get him to sign a ball, which was pretty cool.

Here is Chris meeting the Kinston mascot. He had a good time.

Here is my Alex Gordon ball. Not too bad! He was rehabbing a fractured thumb, I believe.

We also got the night's starter for the Blue Rocks, Michael Montgomery. THis guy was unbelieveable. 13ks in 7+ innings, took a no hitter into the 7th. He was ELECTRIC! I was very happy when he came over and started signing for us after the game.
Since my buddy Jim figured I'd show up, he brought me a really sweet card, which I will blog next. Hope you all enjoyed!!


Post a Comment