Friday, May 7, 2021

Hairston Brothers Signing With Jackson

When friends of mine message me and ask me to find all the cards I can find of a player, I actually really enjoy it.  It helps me move cards out of my boxes and almost always ensures that I will get a few back signed.  They aren't always free, but st least at some reduced rates.

My friend, Jackson, messaged me asking if I had any Scott Hairstons that I could send him, and I was able to find him quite a few.  After the initial package was sent, I found this 2013 Topps Update pink parallel in one of my plastic bins.  I was able to get the card to him before the signing, and got it back into my collection afterward.
I had no problem participating in Jackson's signing, so I went ahead and paid $20 to get the pink parallel and 3 other cards back, a 2012 Topps, 2013 Topps and 2013 Topps Update.

Hairston (b. 1980) played in the majors from 2004 to 2014 for the Diamondbacks, Padres, A's, Mets, Cubs and Nationals.  He had 589 hits, 106 home runs and a .242 batting average.
Jackson also had a signing going on for Jerry Hairston, and I missed the cutoff date to send anything in.  Jackson had leftovers, so I picked up two of the extra cards he ended up with.  The above card is a 2002 Topps 206 and the below card is a 2004 Bowman Heritage.
Hairston (b. 1976) played in the majors from 1998 to 2013 for the Orioles, Cubs, Rangers, Reds, Yankees, Padres, Nationals, Brewers and Dodgers.  He had 1,126 hits, 70 home runs and a .257 batting average.  He won the World Series with the Yankees in 2009.

The Hairstons are sons of former Major Leaguer, Jerry Hairston, Sr., and grandsons of former Major Leaguer, and Negro Leaguer, Sam Hairston.

No comments: