Sunday, July 5, 2020

TTM Success - Mike Schmidt's Ghost Signer

I was excited when these came in after mailing to the Hall of Fame, but after further review, and seeking opinions from some friends, I received a TTM "success" from someone other than Mike Schmidt.

I was disappointed, too, because I figured that if I sent via the HOF, I had a good shot of getting a legit signature back.  However, that wasn't the case, and I have a couple of novelty cards in my album.
I just hate that I ended up wasting some sharp 87s, and will have to pay to meet Schmidt in order to insure that I will get legitimate autos for my set.  Oh well, it was worth a shot (and 2 stamps, 2 cards and about 15 minutes of my time).

I mailed to the Hall of Fame on April 23 and got these cards back on May 11, for an 18-day TAT.

2 comments:

Hackenbush said...

I always knew there was something crooked about Cooperstown.

Jim from Downingtown said...

The baseball establishment (MLB and the HOF) has beem crooked since the death of Bart Giamatti.

Fay Vincent was a patsy, and Selig was a sniveling weasel. It's hard to believe, but Manfred may just be worse than Selig.

And the HOF? They kowtow to whatever the current commissioner tells them to do.

Current baseball just sucks, with all the greed on both sides. They can stay out all season for all I care.