Sunday, July 7, 2019

TTM Success - Shane Reynolds

If someone were to go back and look at all of my posts about TTM successes, one common statement comes out in most of the posts.  I usually talk about how great the cards came out and how happy I am with the TTM success,  Well, due to a near-dead Sharpie, these cards that came back from Shane Reynolds look like crap.

I had some really cool late 90s cards that I haven't gotten many of in my album, and I was really excited to try to get them back signed.  Add in the long wait time for these, and this was just a dud.
The cards are still going into my album, but I really wish he had used a better Sharpie.  Not much I can do about it now.

Reynolds (b. 1968) played in the majors from 1992 to 2004 for the Astros, Braves and Diamondbacks.  He had a career record of 114-96 with 1,403 strike outs and a 4.09 ERA.  He was an All Star in 2000 and finished a career-best 9th in the NL Cy Young race in 1996.  He appeared on the 2010 Hall of Fame ballot, but received no votes.

I mailed to Reynolds on September 14, 2017, and got the cards back on May 28, 2019, for a 621-day TAT.  He also kept two of my cards.

No comments: