Sunday, July 21, 2019

TTM Success - Sam Hentges

I had a couple cards left over from last year that I wasn't able to get signed in person by Sam Hentges, so I sent to him TTM.  I was happy that the cards came back signed, and they look really good!

This 2014 Bowman Chrome Black Shimmer refractor is not numbered, but it still is really cool.  I pulled it out of a pack, and was glad to see that Hentges signs.  Otherwise, it would be in a box, somewhere.
I also was able to get my 2018 Carolina League Top Prospects set card signed.

Hentges (b. 1996) was a 4th round draft pick by the Indians in the 2014 Amateur Draft.  So far, he has compiled a record of 13-28 with 394 strike outs and a 4.29 ERA.  This season, he is with AA Akron, and doesn't look to be faring all that well.  He has a record of 1-9 with a 5.21 ERA.  Hopefully, the Indians keep working with him.  When we met him last season, he was really nice.

I mailed to Hentges via Akron on April 16 and got the cards back on June 24, for a 69-day TAT.

No comments: