Wednesday, July 4, 2018

TTM Success - Steve Reed

This TTM success from Steve Reed was really cool because of something I will point out in a bit.  I had a bunch of his cards, and I was happy to see that he signed everything that I sent.  He has a really nice signature, as well.
What I found funny was that when I put all of the cards beside each other, I was able to create a pitching sequence showing Reed's delivery.  This was actually really cool.  Add in the 1993 Donruss above, and it enhances it even more.  I just thought that was something kind of cool that I was able to do using some 90s junk wax.
Finally, here is a 1994 Score.  This set was really nice when it came out, and still looks good.  Like all mid-90s cards, the over-gloss kills it now.  The gloss gets hot and will stick to the other cards and will sometimes create a brick of useless cardboard.  I have had to throw out a bunch of mid-90s stuff because of this.

Reed (b. 1965) played in the majors from 1992 to 2005 for the Giants, Rockies, Indians, Braves, Padres, Mets and Orioles.  He had a career record of 49-44 with 630 strike outs and a 3.63 ERA.

I mailed to Reed on March 26 and got the cards back on April 10, for a 15-day TAT.

No comments: