Saturday, August 26, 2017

TTM Success - William Van Landingham

This is a TTM request that I held onto for quite a while, because I had the above 1996 Collectors Choice gold signature somewhere, but could not locate it.  Finally, I found the card in one of my boxes and sent the request out to William Van Landingham.
Van Landingham signed everything with a purple Sharpie, which turned out pretty nice.  It is a different choice, but I'm ok with it.
I had a bunch of his cards to choose from, which made it tough to narrow ir down to just a few to send out.
This 1994 Flair Wave of the Future might be the best looking one of them all, though.  I just think it looks really nice with the red background.

Van Landingham (b. 1970) played in the majors from 1994 to 1997 for the Giants.  He had a career record of 27-26 with a 4.54 ERA and 300 strike outs.  He finished 7th in the 1994 NL Rookie of the Year voting.

I mailed to Van Landingham on July 14 and got the cards back on August 10, for a 27-day TAT.

No comments: