Tuesday, July 11, 2017

TTM Success - Mackey Sasser

I received a TTM success from former catcher, Mackey Sasser on quite a few nice cards.  This 1990 Topps turned out really nice.  Some folks give this set a hard time because of the borders, but I enjoy that it is different.  I like it when Topps does that from time to time.
The folks who don't like the 1990 Topps likely enjoy these white-bordered versions.  The top left one is actually a 1988 Topps Traded, but is still typical of that year's design.
I also added a couple Score cards, since they tend to be under-represented in my album.  I liked both of them,  but the 1990 Score on the left is a really nice card.  The card on the right is a 1989 Score Rising Star, but looks eerily similar to the 1990.

Sasser (b. 1962) played in the majors from 1987 to 1995 for the Giants, Pirates, Mets and Mariners.  He had 317 hits, 16 home runs and a .267 batting average.

I mailed to Sasser on May 10 and got the cards back on June 26, for a 47-day TAT.

No comments: