Wednesday, July 20, 2016

TTM Success - Gregg Olson

I received a TTM success today from former Orioles closer, Gregg Olson on two cards that I sent out on February 18.  It took a while, but they came back looking great!  The above 1992 Topps turned out really well, and it was sent off before I considered doing my Topps Autograph Project.
This 1992 Donruss Triple Play came out of a care package that my good friend, Patrick, sent me a while back.  I'm glad to be able to "upgrade" this card and add it to my TTM album.

Olson (b. 1966) played in the majors from 1988 to 2001 for the Orioles, Braves, Indians, Royals, Tigers, Astros, Twins, Diamondbacks and Dodgers.  He had a career record of 40-39 with an ERA of 346 and 217 saves.  He was the 1989 Rookie of the Year in the AL (the last Oriole to receive that award) and also finished 6th in the AL Cy Young voting and 12th in the AL MVP voting that year.  He was an All Star in 1990.

I mailed to Olson on February 18 and got the cards back today for a 153-day TAT.

No comments: