Friday, June 8, 2012

TTM Success - Dave "Boo" Ferriss

I got a LOT of mail today, so I decided to post my TTM success first, then I will post the other things I got in succession later on.  I also need to post a card I got from Ebay, a trade I made with a fellow blogger, Series 2 Topps, some other special things I got, etc etc etc.
So, let's start off with this TTM I got from Dave "Boo" Ferriss.  Ferriss (b. 1921) played briefly in the majors from 1945 to 1950, all for the Boston Red Sox.  He started his career with a bang, with a 21-10 record as a 23-year old rookie in 1945, then following that up with a 25-6 record in his sophomore season.  After that, though, Ferriss flamed out.  By 1950, his career had ended with a record of 65-30, 296 strikeouts and an ERA of 3.64.

Ferriss is my 59th TTM success.  I mailed to Ferriss on May 29, 2012 and got my ball back today (June 8, 2012), making him a 10-day TAT.

In my TTM request, I asked Mr. Ferriss a couple questions.  Here are his answers:

Who were you the most excited to meet when you played?
Babe Ruth

What is your most prized piece of memorabilia from back then?
Action picture of my first pitch in 3rd game of 1946 World Series at Fenway Park.  

No comments: