Monday, November 21, 2011

Trip to the Card Shop - Orioles Rookies

I had the great and wonderul Babe-O-Licious surprise me with a visit this weekend for my son's 6th birthday.  She accompanied us to the ECU game on Saturday and stayed for the WWE Survivor Series Pay Per View last night.  Before the show, we decided to hit up the neighborhood card shop to get our fix on some new cards and we weren't disappointed.






Right when I walked in, the shop owner (knowing that I'm an Orioles fan) handed me this 2011 Topps Chrome Rookie Auto of Zach Britton.  I bought the card for a mere $10.  Very nice addition to the Orioles collection.
As I was going through some 2011 Bowman Chrome that he had, he put two Manny Machado cards down on the counter for me as well.  The above die cut card looks awesome in person.  I hate that the slick surface of the card makes it so hard to get a straight scan but this will have to do.




I love the retro look of the Bowman's Best rookies.  I have been looking at the Brittons of these, but was very happy to take his Machado.  I love the Orange O's jersey and how it jumps off of the card.

I picked up a bunch more stuff from the shop during our trip and will post it very soon!!!!  Hope you enjoyed.


No comments: