Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Trip to the Card Shop - 2011 Topps Finest

It's rare when I can afford to spend money on a bunch of packs of cards, but when my friend Babe is in town, we always try to bust packs whenever possible.  This weekend was no exception.  She and I both picked up packs of 2011 Topps Finest. 

This was my first in person look at this year's version of Finest.  I was very impressed with how the base cards looked.





This Josh Hamilton is an example of the base card.  They look really sharp.  Finest always looks good, so I was certain this year's would as well and I wasn't disappointed.

Babe pulled this Orange Parallel Michael Pineda RC and gave it to me, just because.  I think it looks great.  I'm a big fan of the color orange... I wonder why?

One thing about the finest we didn't like was that the mini boxes weren't available.  I don't know if it was just that this shop didn't have them, or they didn't do that with them this year.  I would have liked to have busted a mini box, but oh well.  I had fun with this pack, anyway.

No comments: