Friday, September 2, 2011

TTM Success - Mike McCormick

You might be asking yourself... Who?  If you are a Giants fan, or a baseball fan well versed in the history of the game, then you will know who Mike McCormick is.  He won the 1967 NL Cy Young award for the Giants after going 22-10 with an ERA of 2.85 and 150 strikeouts.

McCormick played from 1956 to 1971 for the Giants, Orioles, Senators, Yankees and Royals compiling a record of 134-128, 1,321 strikeouts and an ERA of 3.73.

I was looking around, trying to figure out who my next TTM try was going to be and I saw that McCormick lives nearby in Pinehurst, NC and signs 100% of his TTM requests.  This was my 29th TTM success.  I mailed to him on Monday, August 29, 2011 and got the ball back today, Friday, September 2, 2011 making him the fastest I have ever had a turnaround.  Even faster than Virgil Trucks.  Wow.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Cool success! Good to see you knocking off the award winners and older players!