Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hall of Fame Baseball - Gary Carter

I went to the Raleigh Toy and Hobby show today with my son and was able to pick up some good stuff.  The first of which is my 48th Hall of Fame Signed Baseball: Gary Carter.

Carter has not been doing well lately, health-wise.  He was diagnosed earlier this year with brain tumors and has undergone extensive chemotherapy in an attempt to combat the disease. 

Born in 1954, Carter played in the majors from 1974 to 1992 for the Expos, Mets, Giants and Dodgers.  He had 2,092 hits, 324 home runs and a .262 batting average.  Not bad for a player who played 2,056 games over 19 seasons as a catcher.

I'm really happy to be able to add this Carter ball to my collection as I continue to inch closer to 50...  I wonder who my next two will be?

No comments: