Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ebay Mystery

I picked this ball up off of Ebay the other day because I thought it was an antique baseball. Boy was I wrong. This thing is bigger than a softball. My question, I guess, is what kind of ball is this, then?I mean, I think it's awesome, but what sport did it come from? Anyone have any ideas? How old is it? I've seen baseballs of similar design that dated to the late 1800s - early 1900s.

Here you can see the difference in sizes between the mystery ball, a softball and a baseball. I'm hoping someone out there can shed some light on this for me. I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't a baseball (the auction picture did not account for scale, so I thought I was getting a baseball...). I still think it looks really cool, though. An addition to the china cabinet, for sure...

Post a Comment