Monday, November 29, 2010

Thoughts on Topps Vintage Legends

I have to say, the best insert set to come out in a long time is this year's Topps Vintage Legends set that was in Series I and II and UH.
I love the concept of classic players on vintage designs, like the 1963 Topps Eddie Murray that I have shown. These are very sharp cards and I am definitely looking into completing the set. These may be one of the rare sets which I put into an album instead of a storage box. If I do end up doing the set, I may do a card for card entry like I have been doing for the 1955 set. That may be a ways down the road, though, because I have a long way to go for my 55 set.
.
What do you guys think? What is your favorite insert set? What is your favorite vintage design? My favorite vintage design is probably 1954 because of the bold colors, but I have so many favorites.

5 comments:

BA Benny said...

I too am a big fan of this years Vintage Legends set and am trying to complete it also. It reminds me of the 2008 Trading Card History insert set which is one of my favorites also.

Anonymous said...

It's funny, I've seen alot of blogs complain about them, but they aren't that bad. I like the yo momma set better, but these sets are very nice as well.

Play at the Plate said...

What a great card. I haven't seen that one yet. The helmet over the cap, the hair, the mutton chops. Excellent.

Collective Troll said...

I loved Yo Mama when it was just 58 cards and it was one of my fav inserts sets ever, but after adding 2 more series of it, I am sick of it and sick of all the Bo Jackson cards I keep pulling.
Since Series 2 came out I have been all over Vintage Legends. I love it! It really reminds me of blogger custom cards with real high quality printing. As for Vintage, my fave set is 1965 Topps. I love all 50s sets, especially '58, but for collecting, I like the pennants and blue backs from 1965.
-troll

William Regenthal said...

I liked the Yo Momma set, too, but I thought it was a little ridiculous to put in 2009 topps. My mom would't have thrown those out... It also would have been nice if those weren't part of the Million Card Giveaway, either... Oh well.