Friday, January 22, 2010

A Rare Bird

A rare bird indeed. Reggie Jackson in an Orioles uniform. How many of you knew Reggie played one season with the Orioles? You didn't? That's ok, not a whole lot of people do. (Yes I knew already, thanks!) Reggie was traded to the Orioles from the A's in April 1976. Not happy with being traded to the Orioles, Reggie held out and didn't join the team when the season started.

He still played 134 games and hit 27 home runs, but never fit with the Birds and left via free agency. He signed a $3 million contract with the Yankees for 1977 and the rest is history.

As far as I know, this is the only card with Reggie in an Orioles uniform. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

4 comments:

Field of Cards said...

That's the card I have auto'd by Jackson.

Actually this is a great topic that I was going to write about. But then I found this awesome job a blogger did so I skipped it:

http://fleersticker.blogspot.com/2009/05/reggie-jackson-baltimore-orioles.html

sociallyawkwardjellyfish said...

That is such an awesome card! I've seen it before but forgot all about it. It also reminds me how cool 88 Score was.

Anonymous said...

Reggie has a few cards of him pictured in O's uni in the 2005 Upper Deck Hall of Fame set, including a certifed auto which is one of his only certified autos of him in an Orioles uniform. Here's the one I have: http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u242/bigslimdog/Orioles%20Certified%20Auto%20Collection/Jackson.jpg

PAB said...

There is a topps card from I believe 1976 or 1977 what has him in his O's uniform but it's hard as heck to find and you'd have to pay a pretty penny for it. I think Reggie is in an O's uniform courtesy of air brushing.