Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Another TTM Success From Dave Nicholson

With the amount of TTMs that I send out, and the backlog of stuff I have sitting on my desk that needs to be scanned and blogged, there have been a couple of times where my post of a TTM success has gone up after the subject had passed away.  Unfortunately, Dave Nicholson is one of those rare cases.

I had sent off a 1964 Topps that I got out of the boxes I have on loan from Conrad, as well as a 1991 Crown Orioles card.  I am glad I sent them off; they came back looking great.
As the cards sat in the queue waiting to be scanned and blogged, Nicholson passed away at the age of 83 on February 25.  After looking at his SCN page, the last couple of TTM requests sent to Nicholson got shaky signatures back, or notes from his kids saying that he was unable to sign due to poor health.  That's really sad.

I mailed to Nicholson on January 23 and got the cards back on February 6, for a 14-day TAT.  19 days later, he was gone.  That's really sad, and you just never know what tomorrow will bring, or if it will even come at all.  Rest in peace, Mr. Nicholson.

No comments: