Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Another TTM Success From Bobby Shantz

Bobby Shantz is 97 years old and still signs TTM on a regular basis.  I met him at the National several years ago, and he is a super nice guy.  When I found a couple of Shantz's cards in some boxes I picked up in Columbia from my friend, Conrad, I had to send them out TTM and add them to my album.

The above 1975 Topps Mini is the first such card in the autograph album (that I can recall).  This was a pretty cool card to pick up, so I am glad I can store it away in the album, now.
I also got a 1964 Topps signed.  I picked up an assortment of 1964s from Conrad, and probably will be starting that set (along with 1962, I believe).  Shantz also included his own 1954-design custom card since I included a donation with my request.

I mailed to Shantz on January 19 and got the cards back on January 26, for a 7-day TAT.  I paid his fee of $5.00/card.

No comments: