Thursday, August 5, 2021

2021 National Free Signer - Jack Clark

Jack Clark was another of the free signers, and another guy who I had already gotten through a paid signing for my 1987 set.  So, I selected a variety of cards to get him to sign, starting with the above 1992 Topps.  I had this card set aside for a while, since it was the next on my list of his cards that I wanted to add to my album.  1992 Topps has some really nice shots in the set, and this one is right at the top of them, I believe.
I also had Clark sign his 1988 Topps, 1989 Score and 1991 Fleer.  The card slid a bit on my scanner, so it turned out a bit crooked.

Clark was really nice, and when I mentioned to him that my dad drag raced for over 40 years (Clark, a former drag racer, himself), and when I told him who my dad is, Clark asked me to get Dad's autograph for him.  That was really cool, especially since Clark gave me his phone number to do so.

No comments: