Wednesday, November 22, 2017

TTM Success - George Altman

I look back on this TTM success from George Altman and regret the fact that I didn't include a photo taken of he and I together from when we met him a couple years ago in Goldsboro.  I saw that he signed TTM, and picked up some of his cards from the recent card show in Greenville.  One of the cards is one I had already.

I picked up the above 1962 Post Canadian from the show and didn't think much of it at the time, other than it would be a little something different in my album.  For a dollar, it wasn't a bad pickup, but when I got the card back signed from Altman, I realized that it was the Canadian version.  Now, it definitely was something different for the album.
The 1966 Topps (above right) was from my vintage box, and the 1963 was one from the card show.  I really like the colors on the 1963, and the card turned out well.
I also had picked up a 1960 Topps at the show and sent it along.  It is a nice card, as well.  Altman also included a signed business card for his book, which I plan on checking out soon.

Altman (b. 1933) is from Goldsboro, NC, but now resides in Missouri.  He played in the majors from 1959 to 1967 for the Cubs, Cardinals and Mets.  He had 832 hits, 101 home runs and a .269 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1961 and 1962 and finished 14th in the 1961 NL MVP Award voting.

I mailed to Altman on October 30 and got the cards back on November 13, for a 14-day TAT.

No comments: