Sunday, April 30, 2017

TTM Success - Todd Jones

I was able to add a few more recent cards to my autograph album with this success from former pitcher, Todd Jones.  The above 2008 Topps was a nice one to get, since it is a horizontal card.  I didn't mind these cards when they came out, but the over-sized border does take away from the photo, somewhat.
I got a few really nice cards in the success, starting with the celebratory pose on the 2000 chrome Stadium Club.  It didn't scan all tha great, but it looks better in person.  The baby powder really helped that card out.  The 2001 Topps Heritage turned out really nice, as well.  The other two cards are a 1996 Fleer and a 1992 Upper Deck Minors.  I always enjoy the 1996 and 1997 Fleer, due to their Matte finish.
I also added this nice 2002 Topps.  I didn't have a whole lot of these in the album, so anything additional is a bonus.

Jones (b. 1968) played in the majors from 1993 to 2008 for the Astros, Tigers, Twins, Rockies, Red Sox, Reds, Phillies and Marlins.  He had a career record of 58-63 with 868 strike outs and a 3.97 ERA.  His 319 saves rank 19th all-time.  He was an All Star in 2000 and finished 5th in the AL Cy Young Award voting, his only appearance on that ballot.  He was on the 2014 Hall of Fame ballot, but didn't receive any votes.

I mailed to Jones on February 27 and got the cards back on April 10, for a 42-day TAT.

No comments: