Monday, October 4, 2010

2010 Topps Pro Debut Series 2 Box Break With Max

Max and I have wated to bust something together for a while. We last busted a box of Topps finest and went halves on a box of 2010 Allen and Ginter. We couldn't decide, for the longest time, on what to bust. Finally, I saw the checklist for Pro Debut Series 2 and we settled on that. So, we each got a box and commenced to busting.

Each box was to feature 2 autographs, and one Futures Game relic, so we figured we'd be able to get some sweet hits, at a cheap price. We also liked that a lot of the players on the checklist were ones that we had seen this year at all the minor league games that we went to.

I ended up pulling this cut auto of Cameron Rupp. Not a bad card, I really like this cut auto, and I'm curious as to what card it was cut from...?

Speaking of players that I saw in person. Michael Montgomery = WOW. I saw him pitch for Wilmington against Kinston this year where he carried a no hitter into the 7th and struck out 17 batters. He's really good.

I pulled this awesome printing plate, too. Look, it still has ink on it! It has been a while since Ive pulled a plate. I'm probably going to hang onto this for a while.

I like the Futures Game relics in that they're so huge! I think all relic cards should be this big. Those little specks of bat or jersey just don't do it for me anymore.

I got another auto! Shane Peterson. Never hard of him, but thats the point of this set.

Wow, a 3rd auto! Haven't heard of Steve Garrison either, but I'm ok with it. Not too bad, right?
So, I ended up with: 3 autos, a gold Mike Montgomery, a relic and a printing plate. I also got a couple blue variations, but they weren't anyone spectacular. All in all, though, Max and I had a blast opening these boxes. I really like having these minor league cards and may take some with me to games next year for autos... not a bad idea.
Post a Comment