The card above is a 1996 Pinnacle Denny's hologram that I picked up somewhere. The scan obviously doesn't do the hologram justice, but in person, it looks really cool. I had to explain to Jesse how holograms on cards was a huge thing in the mid-90s.
I also sent off this 2015 Bowman Chrome RC Flashback. It, too, turned out great.
I also sent off this 2015 Bowman Chrome RC Flashback. It, too, turned out great.
Alou (b. 1966) played in the majors in 1990, from 1992 to 1998 and 2000 to 2008 for the Pirates, Expos, Marlins, Astros, Cubs, Giants and Mets. He had 2,134 hits, 332 home runs and a .303 batting average. He was an All Star 6 times (1994, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2004 and 2005). His best MVP finish was 2nd (1994, NL). He finished 2nd in the 1992 NL Rookie of the Year voting. He won the World Series with the Marlins in 1997. He appeared on the Hall of Fame ballot in 2014, receiving only 1.1% of the vote.
I mailed to the signing on March 21 and got the cards back on May 2, for a 42-day TAT. I paid a fee of $35/card.


No comments:
Post a Comment