Sunday, August 9, 2026

2026 National Card Show Pickup - 1955 Topps Duke Snider

My wishlist has been updated, kind of. I picked this 1955 Topps Duke Snider up at the National this year after seeing it at a table. I have known the vendor for a very long time, so I wanted to make sure I picked something up from him. I also had an upgrade to my 1955 Topps Duke Snider on my blog wishlist for something like 10 years. I figured it was a good time to actually make a change to the list, and cross this card off once and for all. I honestly can't think of anything to ADD to the list, so I may just do away with the top 10 wishlist. It is getting harder and harder for me to think of things I want, save for some set needs, which are already listed below the top 10 list. Having any kind of PC these days just leads to disappointment, it seems. Prospects get overrated, their stuff gets expensive to acquire, and then they flame out. Seemingly good players tease you with a few good years, then their feelings get hurt and they forget to hit (or field, or both). So, the only real player PC I have at the moment is former Wood Duck Cody Freeman, and once Gavin Collyer gets some mainstream cards, I probably will start a PC of him, as well.

As for sets I'm building, I probably could populate a list of cards to upgrade for the 55 set. I may do that for real at some point. This Duke wasn't cheap, but it was nice to have something different to search for at the show. I did buy a stack of 24 cards from 1964 Topps and 4 from the 2013 Topps emerald parallel set that I am still working on. I didn't make an attempt at shaving any cards off of the needs lists for 1955 Bowman, 1962 Topps or 1967 Topps. Those are going slowly, but I do work on them from time to time.

All of that being said, I do still enjoy building sets. I still haven't finished 2025 Topps and need to sort my Series 2 from 2026 to see what else I need from there. I'll get there some rainy weekend.

Oh, and I now have a rough grade 1955 Topps Duke Snider that I would sell, if anyone was interested. Stick around and check out the series of posts coming up from this year's National. I picked up a ton of autographs, but aside from the above-listed set needs, the bulk of what I bought was stuff for graphing and TTMs.

No comments: