Sunday, August 9, 2015

Third National Autograph Session - Lou Brock

My third and final paid autograph session at the National was with Hall of Famer, Lou Brock.  He was the one voucher that I needed and could afford for my collection.  All of the other guys were a bit too expensive, so Brock was the one.

He was really nice, and I got a video of him signing for my friend, Andrew.  I'm sure it will be posted on Andrew's blog sometime soon.

Brock (b. 1939) played in the majors from 1961 to 1979 for the Cubs and Cardinals.  He had 3,023 hits, 149 home runs, and a .293 career batting average.  His 938 career stolen bases at his retirement were a record until it was broken by Rickey Henderson.  Brock was a 6-time All Star and finished as high as 2nd in the NL MVP voting (1974).  He finished second to Steve Garvey that year.  Brock won the World Series with the Cardinals in 1964 and 1967.  He was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1985 (his first ballot) when he received 79.7% of the vote.

Brock is my 118th Hall of Famer and was the 8th and final Hall of Famer that I picked up at the National.

No comments: