Monday, December 3, 2012

COMC Pickup - 2005 Topps Update Andrew McCutchen RC

It has been a struggle for me to file blog entries while I am at this conference for work.  I mean, I'm only in Las Vegas.  Yep, that's right, I am in Las Vegas for work.  Did I mention that I love my job?  Anyway, before I left, I scanned the cards I got from COMC from Black Friday that I hadn't already posted.  I also scanned a few extra 1951 Topps Red Backs so I would be able to file entries when I had the time.  I haven't had much time, yet, thanks to there being tons to do here.  I visited the sports book last night and bet on 5 NFL games.  I won on 3 of them, so I came out a little ahead.  Not bad.  I played some slots and didn't do too well.  No big deal, though, I only played quarter slots with a $10 that had been in my wallet for months.
Anyway, here is one of the cards I was able to pick up on Black Friday.  I have been wanting this 2005 Topps Update Andrew McCutchen RC for a while.  I have a completed set of these cards, so I did have it, but I didn't want to break the set for my PC.  I'm sure I had one at some point, but it was probably sold for some reason back in the day.  I mean, 2005 was a long time ago.  Now, I typically put all RCs I find in packs into a box and put them up.  This tactic has helped me retain some nice RCs over the last few years.

I think McCutchen is a heck of a player.  Both my good buddy Drew and I are big fans, so I know Drew will like to see this card.  Maybe one of these days, I'll throw down a little more money and get his gold parallel.  Hmmm, maybe I need to go downstairs and play a few hands and try my luck...

No comments: