Monday, May 2, 2011

TTM Success - Brooks Robinson

I received a TTM today from one of my favorite players of all time, Brooks Robinson! I already had a ball signed by Brooks that my awesome mom got me for Christmas a few years back. However, I saw that he was doing TTMs for a brief period through his webpage, so I thought it would be worth my $42.00. I got a scare, though, when I heard that Brooks was in the hospital at the end of March.

Luckily, Brooks came through fine and I got my ball signed after a bit of a delay. It looks great! I'm really happy to be able to say that I got a TTM from Brooks, since I didn't take any baseballs with me to my meeting with him in October 2009. I was the only one, apparently, who honored the whole "do not bring items for autographs" thing posted on my ticket.

I'm happy Brooks is ok now, and I'm happy to add this to my collection. I now have 2 balls signed by Brooks and 2 balls signed by Cal. Not bad, I think.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Dude, the auto looks great! Nice job! Glad we were able to take advantage of this opportunity