Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pie Faced

When I was cleaning up around the apartment earlier last week, I saw a stack of 2010 Topps Series 2 packs I had picked up at the shop a while before. I was in the middle of going through cards to prep some mail when I happened upon this card:
2010 Topps Ike Davis Pie Face SP. I had no idea I had this. It took me a second to realize what it was, too because it almost ended up in a Mets stack. I, for one, am getting a little tired of the gimmick cards. I mean, I can't really complain, the gold version of the infamous 2007 Jeter/Bush/Mantle landed me a sweet $265 on Ebay, but when you have these goofy cards each year, it gets old.

I probably will sell this one, unless someone out there can offer me something pretty substantial for it (Brooks Patches to finish my set, anyone?).

Any thoughts?

4 comments:

John Bateman said...

Not Real

William Regenthal said...

What do you mean not real? It looks like every other Ike Davis Pie Face card I've seen on ebay...???

Drew said...

It's real, and it's a great card!!!

William Regenthal said...

Thanks Drew. John, your comment was confusing, please feel free to elaborate. Also, thanks Drew for this link showing the Pie Face Cards from Series 2...

http://blogbeckett.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/the-pies-the-limit-in-2010-topps-series-2/