I paid a good bit to meet Pujols in person and get a ball signed, but he was one of the two big ticket guys I chose to get. He grunted when I said hello, signed my ball, and rhat was it. Oh well.
Pujols (b. 1980) played in the majors from 2001 to 2022 for the Cardinals, Angels and Dodgers. He had 3,384 hits, 703 home runs and a .296 batting average. He was a 3-time NL MVP (2005, 2008 and 2009) and NL Rookie of the Year in 2001. He was the NL batting champ (.359) in 2003. He batted over .300 in 10 straight seasons. He led the league in home runs twice. Pujols is eligible for the Hall of Fame in 2028.

Not sure how much he was charging for his signature... but I'm guessing you deserved more than a grunt. I know that there might have been circumstances behind the grunt (maybe he wasn't feeling well, etc.), but we'll never know... so you'll just remember the "grunt".
ReplyDeleteHope you're having fun at this year's National.