Sanders (b. 1968) played professionally from 1989 to 1998 for the Lions. His career 15,269 rushing yards are 4th all-time and his 99 rushing touchdowns are 11th. He was a Pro Bowler in each season he played. He was the 1989 AP Offensive Rookie of the Year and the UPI, PFWA and Sporting News Rookie of the Year. He was the 1997 AP and PFWA NFL MVP. He was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2004. His number 20 is retired by the Lions and his number 21 is retired by Oklahoma State. He also won the Heisman Trophy in 1988.
▼
Thursday, August 27, 2026
2026 National Paid Signer - Barry Sanders
At every National, I try to pick up paid vouchers for at least one marquee signer. This year, it was one of the greatest football players of all time, Barry Sanders. I had thought about getting him a couple years ago, but decided against it. He, then, had a health scare, and I felt like this was going to be a repeat of when I passed on meeting Jim Brown several years ago. I could have paid for Brown, decided against it with the thought "He will be there next year..." and he never showed back up to a National. So, this year, when I saw Sanders on the list again, I paid the fee and brought this awesome 1994 Classic Pro Line Live card along. The card turned out great. Sanders was awesome to me, he asked my name, where I was from and shook my hand. He was such a great guy.

Autographs on art cards are the best (imho). And Barry is the best running back (imho and in my lifetime).
ReplyDelete